Monday, July 8, 2024

Flutes

It's July. The house is almost clean and it's currently 11:11. That's a good time to catch up with the thoughts in my head. I shaved Salem's head a few weeks ago, and he looks a lot older. He'll be four in about two months. I hope he reads this blog someday.

My cousin's husband died a few days ago. I think I've known him my whole life, and he's one of those cousins that is not blood-related but family anyway. He was only 58. My heart is broken for his family. 

That's the existential dread in me selfishly sneaking in. All I even want in life is to be an old man by a river somewhere and my son still likes me. Maybe we're fishing. I never really pursued fishing, but his fascination is always contagious. 

Sometimes we walk by the boats at the marina. Salem was on his first boat right to Mackinac Island a few weeks ago. His face lit up with a powerfully glowing glow. It made life beautiful for everyone around.

I wonder how long he'll love me the way he does now. It's really the only thing I think about sometimes, and maybe I'm just having issues with my own late father. It's easy to say that things are different for each generation, but those teenage years.. man.. they are coming, like it or not. 

Can I talk about me? I like flutes. Ocarinas mostly, although I put in a bid on a strange flute I found on eBay. It was misspelled and likely worth a lot more than it was listed. My son says that I make beautiful music. He told me he loves beautiful things and he loves nature.

Salem requested his first two actual songs for the first time a few days ago. I'm glad I remembered because I wanted to write it somewhere. They were both songs from an 80's Japanese Synthpop mix I found on Spotify. One was 'Stay With Me' and the other was also from that mix, but I've forgotten. I think it was 'Shyness Boy'. I love that name. He said that kind of music sounds like Pokémon. 

I finished Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds recently, but the first was by far the best game I've ever played. That kind of made me sad, especially towards the end when I realized I would never experience that game for the first time again. I'm a nerd. I love it.

We're going to Seattle in a few days, and I probably should have mentioned that earlier. I should go pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment