Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Isalo.. what a strange place

 Isalo National Park has to be one of the weirdest yet most beautiful places I've passed through on this Madagascar trip.  I'm having some problems with my camera so these few photos will have to do for now but I plan to make an album when I come back home. 

The weather is incredible (in the true definition of incredible).  A few nights ago I saw a storm scrape across the sky like the inside of one of those electric balls or Tesla coils.  My camp was sufficient but this constant sleeping in a tent and being outside has taken a toll on my body.  I don't want to alarm anyone but I've been diagnosed with my second case of mild Dengue fever.  There is no real treatment just lay in bed and pop pain killers.  Actually it really sucks.. feels like every bone in my body is broken.  The doctor told me I actually have a really mild case of it and it should pass in a few days.  Of course Dengue is not dangerous, just a painful few days. 

Having said all that it has been a humbling week.  The body is an amazing machine and I'm impressed how well it holds up in so many different climates.  Humans have adapted to many different places in the world and the way people adapt in Madagascar is really great.  There is also much diversity from within the country too and it varies from region to region as I've said.

My eyes hurt.  Internet cafe wasn't the best idea. 



Jesus of the Jungle (this photo is ridiculous)




No comments:

Post a Comment