Monday, February 8, 2021

Balance and Rehabilitation

 I'm writing this with one hand.  I don't have to explain that, it's been a long week and I'm sure I won't have any trouble remembering the fracture and replacement of my right radial head.  However this story which I am now writing is being told much slower and I'm sure there is something special about that irony.

As of this moment I'm only a few short days out of surgery and honestly the pain has dropped dramatically since the first night.  My plan to become a teacher in the world again has been expedited, but the cost is very great.  The challenges are new and unexpected, yet mixed with fear from the trauma caused by the accident.  I want to hold Salem so bad, I can only hope that this passes quickly.

Now I have to find my balance and the sooner the better.  

Find yourself, lose yourself, repeat.  I'm really no stranger.  Maybe that's balance by definition but that seesaw tilts high.  What is in the middle?  Pure white light?  The answers?  I don't know, I appear to be a little off balance at the moment but I'll find myself again and when I cross that threshold between pain and pleasure, negative and positive I'll be sure to keep a close eye out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment