Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Puppet Show

Hey Salem,

I'm in the garage waiting for a storm to come that never really showed up. You're at Grandma's right now playing with trucks and dinosaurs and all that. I'm having a moment and also having trouble coming up with the right words to describe it. It's great to watch you learn things, and you're doing so well at everything you do. 

I haven't written much since before your grandfather passed away. Today is actually two months, and it's been a whirlwind of emotions. I'm pretty good right now, I'll start there, but it's greatly due to playing with you and running. It has awoken something inside of me that makes me feel really good. I'm alone with my thoughts during that sacred time every morning, earlier than the birds, and I just run or walk for an hour. I'm making really good improvements in my routine. 

When I run I think about you all the time. You're so young but already so far on your journey. You do the most creative things for someone your age. I have this picture I took of you putting on a puppet show, and you're in the middle of acting as different characters. It's indescribable how much I love you and am amazed by you. I think you're wonderful. It's really awesome to be your dad.

I know you're going to stumble on these posts someday, so it makes me happy to write this to you. We have a lot of travelling to do together. It's been a beautiful journey so far!


The rain just started. Spring is coming to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment