Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Open Letter to Parents

Permission to be real about parenting? This is something nobody tells you before you have children.

We spend years trying to figure ourselves out wondering why we are here and what our purpose in life could be. We have struggles and anxieties, self-doubt, fear, all that good stuff, and we carry this belief (I did, at least) that it will somehow sort itself out when we get older.
Then one day, if it's what your destiny asks of you, you have a child, and suddenly all of those things you were dealing with are put on hold for a while. Nobody asks how you're doing or wonders how you feel about changes in your world. You're fine with it, you think you are, and you just start working harder to provide. Life gets tough quick, but you're doing it for a greater purpose.
Then one day you look in the mirror and ask yourself how you're doing and you have absolutely no idea how to answer that question.
So, this post is for the parents out there who I know are feeling me on this one. I want to tell you that you are some of the greatest teachers I've ever had. I'm amazed by how awesome the people in my life with children carry themselves, and I'm certainly paying attention. I'm rooting for you guys, and I hope you are for me too.
True love,
Mook

No comments:

Post a Comment