Thursday, December 14, 2023

Dear Salem (December 14, 2023)

Hey Salem,

It's been a while since I've written you, and I wanted to tell you a few things. Well, you're sick right now, so I want to tell you I'm sorry to see you feeling so poopy. You're sleeping in your bed next to Mommy. 

Christmas is coming. You had fun with it last year, but you're pumped about it this year like nothing else. Grandma gave you a stack of books as presents that you open every day like an advent calendar. You also get to pop a new dino from it's box in this really cool National Geographic calendar too. 

I'm going nuts trying to keep the surprises I have you a secret, and it's the most magical thing in the world to see you as a child like this. You're only 3.. 

I mean.. are you reading this someday? How old are you? What has happened in the world? Do you even remember being 3? 

I personally vaguely remember, but those core memories really starting to kick in for me around 4. So, this must be extra weird for you to read. That makes me happy.

You're a cool kid. You have such dreamy light in your eyes and I am constantly trying to think of new ways to create fun things for you. I know you're going to school soon, but for now your entire world is this house, and these are very special days for your mother and I.

Time is looking really good on you. I'm excited about the little dude you're becoming, and I'm much more content with the passing of time than I thought I would be. Just keep going, Salem. You have such a beautiful path ahead of you that wherever it leads your heart may always be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment