Tuesday, January 24, 2023

January 23

Hey Salem,

You're in the bath right now, giggling and talking to yourself about dinos. I love how chatty you are these days, and it's cool to have our first real conversations together. By the time you read this you'll probably think these things are silly, but in this special and sweet little time these little moments mean the world to me.

Daddy wasn't feeling too well this last few weeks because he was very worried about his own daddy. We are still in a time of uncertainty, and you are starting to ask questions about your grandfather that show deep and real concern. You know he's sick and you know he loves hugs.

You're getting big, my guy. You're a pretty tall dude, and I hope that works out well for you. You're kind and you don't freak out when other kids want to play with your toys. You asked for friends for Christmas last year, and it was the sweetest thing ever. I know you'll make lots of friends someday. 

Thanks for being so cool. You've been there for me so many times when I needed you. You were there for me when I broke my arm and you were there for me when grandpa got sick, and I'm here for you too. There are some scary things out there, and I'll be there for you no matter what. 

Thank you for the patience you teach me. Not patience with you but patience with myself. You make me realize how important the little things are, and how simple it can actually be to become part of life's truly beautiful flow. Because of you I feel connected to something ancient, something that is very natural, and maybe someday you'll feel that too. 

It sounds like you're almost done with your bath. I just wanted to say hi and tell you I love you very much.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment