Saturday, June 17, 2023

Airship Challenge

The floor was lava, but now we're on an airship. It's windy and you can almost feel the engines of our airship whirring as we take off over a beautiful cliffside, one that overlooks sparkling blue water and white fluffy clouds on a perfect sunny day. 

For a while I forget that I'm at the playground. The nearby Pointe-Aux-Barques lighthouse is whimsically welcomed into the scenery and it further proves to my son's imagination that we are in an air fortress somewhere near the edge of the sky. I have this funny little thought to entertain that airships must be quite cold and windy all the time, even on short voyages. 

We take off and land in various locations while pausing only to fly our gliders (kites) through the gusty winds over Lake Huron. At some point I look to my wife and say that this is such a perfect day, and somewhere in that factuality we both came to the same conclusion that it's time for us to pack the van and head out west. There is much more to this story..

Medicine Wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment