Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Module 9

There is quite a bit that I should be doing right now. The house is dirty and we're going up north soon. The garage is dirty and my friends are coming over tonight. I have a lot of end of the term work to do at school, but it's fine. I just felt like writing. 

I'm onto something, I know that much is true. As I write this, I begin to wonder if that 'something' is a great adventure coming soon. I'm starting to see those opportunities arise, and once again I'm hearing that whisper in my ear that begs me to wander off to faraway places. It's familiar, catlike, temporary if you're not attentive.

Sometimes I find myself drifting into memories of the past. I was really hoping that wasn't something I would indulge myself in until I was much older, but I've had a lot of experiences just as anyone else has. They replay themselves to me sometimes, and it's tempting to miss those days. I don't though. Truly. I'm just starting to realize that I must see the world all over again through my son's eyes, and I don't want to miss a thing.

Where are we going next? Let's start up in the thumb of Michigan where we own a small property in a town called Port Hope. We love that place. Salem is going up to stay with Grandma and watch a parade of trucks Saturday morning, and we should be up there by evening or the next morning. That's a good start. Maybe we'll hit mid-Michigan followed by the north for a while and afterwards we can visit some friends on the way back to our hometown. Writing this out really brings the simplicity of my life these days to the surface, but I love it. I'm actually incredibly excited to spend some time on the road with my family and I even have a plan to take Salem up to Brad and Jolie's place alone next month. That's going to be a wonderful experience.

This is what I want, and it makes sense to me upon this new chapter of life. It's crazy to say, but it's better than wandering Madagascar or backpacking in the Middle East. I'm cosmically connected to a brand new adventurer and my own travels don't even appeal to me should he not be included. I love it. I'm so absolutely happy that it scares me sometimes. For now, I'm living a life of attendance and gratitude. I can only wonder if someday I'll be able to show Salem the worlds of our neighboring countries near and far. I'd sure love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment